Sunday, August 09, 2015

Majulah Singapura! Celebrating SG50 as One United People



 
So glad to be able to participate in this year's National Day Parade to celebrate Singapore's 50th Birthday as an independent nation.  
 
Many highlights - the ariel fly-past, mobile column, the short video commemorating Mr Lee Kuan Yew's life, the emotional climax of "Home" right at the end and the recital of the Pledge and the singing of the National Anthem.  Sadly my seat did not provide that great a view of the fireworks.  The floating platform's probably the best.
 
There are better reports elsewhere, so I won't elaborate.  My own photos and videos can be found here on Flickr.
 
But what was quite moving was that there were people wearing red throughout the day - when I went for mass, when I went for lunch.  It was a sign of solidarity for the day, that we were One United People.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...