Saturday, August 01, 2015

Resort Living in Lang Co, Vietnam

Our Resort - Angsana Lang Co

Vietnam is a great place to visit.  Good food, historic buildings, beautiful scenery, lovely resorts.  This time round we got to sample all of them.

We stayed at Angsana Lang Co, the "low cost" version of Banyan Tree.  Not that we were complaining though - the resort itself was perfectly situated just next to its more "atas" sibling and shared the same beautiful sandy beach.

And, I can't complain about having a suite with a big balcony and well-appointed bathrom.  See pictures of the resort here.

It was hot though - really hot.  In early June, the dawn comes around 4am and twilight at 7pm.   I suppose this is what is the norm for farming communities,so that the farmers wake up and work in the cool of the day.  We learnt, pretty quickly, that we too needed to wake up early in the morning if we wanted to have a swim in the cool of the morning.  From 10am to 3pm, all we wanted to do was laze in our room or in the spa.

The bay area 
Lang Co is a village about 1 hour north from Danang, and is supposedly one of the most beautiful bays in Vietnam (see this link).... I guess I will need to visit more bays to make a more educated assessment!  But it is indeed a beautiful place - the drive takes us along the coast with absolutely stunning views of misty mountains and clear waters.  We would travel this route repeatedly, to visit Hoi An and Hue.

I have of course visited Hoi An before - see my post on my previous trip.  But it was a pleasure indeed to revisit this charming little town.(See the photos of this trip on my Flickr page). In particular, I like walking around in the evening, when the the air is cool and the glow of the lanterns light the streets.

Nu's eatery
Re-reading the post, I remember now that I was not too thrilled about the food.  But this time round, we took our chances at a little restaurant further away from the main tourist strip.  And we were rewarded indeed, by a truly yummy meal of Vietnamese style kong bak pau (!), pomelo salad and a yummy Hue style noodle in a pork ragu with rice cracker strips on top. We finished off with ice cream - when I tried chilli ice cream for the first time.  Believe me, it has a kick to it.

So if you are in Hoi An, try it out. Nu's Eatery is at 10A Nguyen Thi Minh Khai.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...