Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kittens at Play


I have just bought myself a new Canon G7 Camera and have been trying it out over the past few days. Photos above feature Casey, and three kittens - Inks, Binks and Winks - at play. There is a fourth kitten, Minks (or Minx) but she is terribly shy and has not taken up semi-permanent residence on our doorstep (as yet).

Trying to photograph Casey was pretty tough - she was in a jumpy, fidgety mood. Finally she spotted a dragonfly and from then on sat watching its every step - check out her unblinking stare. The three kittens, on the other hand, were very photogenic. Gave me an opportunity to try out the special setting in the camera for pet photography - didn't seem to do too much for me but maybe I'm still getting the hang of it. This is early days yet.

Have also found a website which helps make the mosaic - it is pretty easy to use, much better than my Photoshopping efforts. Downside is that everything must be from Flickr - and I don't want to put all my photos there.

4 comments:

  1. Taking pictures of pets I find really difficult. Much harder than people and you've managed to get a really nice collection there. I really liked your mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - really it is the kittens who are so photogenic. I have just dropped a note to the Cat Welfare Society to put them up for adoption. It will be sad to see them go but they do deserve a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:11 pm

    John says: If you don't want blurry pictures, freeze motion by using faster shutter speeds. Select shutter priority mode and use at least 1/250; preferably 1/500 or faster. Alternatively, use flash as the primary light source, since most flashes expose for 1/10000 or faster.

    P.S. Pets are not as difficult as toddlers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The setting on my camera is actually for "kids and pets" :-) I will probably revert to manual settings because it gives me more control eg for shutter speed.

    Sigh - the cuter the activity, the harder it is to take a good shot.

    ReplyDelete

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...