Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ultimate in photo recognition

Got the following message in my flickrmail the other day:

"Hi,

I am writing to you from SilverKris Magazine (Singapore Airline Inflight travel magazine). We would like to use one of our photo in our magazine:

www.flickr.com/people/taking5/

We will using it about A4 size. We pay $200 for this if is agreeable to propose this image to our client and approved by them.

Do you want us to credit your name or not?

Regards,
Geoffrey Lim
Art Director
Silver Kris"

Simply thrilled! There was a mistake in the link but subsequent checks indicated that the photo was one I had taken in the Flower Market, Ile de la Cite, France.

This is certainly not the first time when someone has asked me whether they can use my photo (click the "Flickr" tag on this post to see my bragging posts) but I've never really been offered money before. There was one happy moment when I was contacted by Lonely Planet (Lonely Planet!) but I don't know whether they eventually used the photo because it was taken on an old digital and was not very hi-res as a result. So this is indeed a Moment to Remember. I don't even know if I can bring myself to cash the cheque, or whether I will just frame it up to see forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...