Thursday, May 01, 2008

Inspiring

It's been a while since I've worked on a poetry exercise. It's been a busy few weeks and let's admit it here, the exercises are getting tougher.

My mother suggested that I write something inspiring. Inspiring! My little talent does not aspire to such heights. When I read these lines from Blake, I know nothing I can do can compare:
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence


Not exactly a wild flower (this plant is in my back yard) but the promise of the bud about to bloom seems to capture the meaning of these lines for me - the glory of creation, the miracle of life and the potential in every living thing.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's a gorgeous picture. Why haven't you labelled it something like flower, bud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:52 am

    Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nice words.
    Ok, will add a "flower" tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:09 pm

    Lovely gloxinia. Three more flowers in full bloom and many buds waiting to open. Conditions in the back yard are just perfect at this time of the year for gesneriads.

    ReplyDelete

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...