Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Passing by


I wanted to have a little daily post on my blog similar to the “Pooch of the Day” posts during last year's France trip. Since it was Italy, my initial thought was “Italian Hunk of the Day”, but it is not so easy to take shots of complete strangers (and the Swiss Guards were not very cooperative, shooing us away). So I thought I would focus on non-religious scenes instead.

This first shot is a bit of a cheat. After all, it is the restaurant where we had lunch on our first day in Rome. Chinese Italian food is not exactly what you'd get in the typically Cantonese restaurant here in Singapore and frankly most Zhi Cha food is a lot better. My guess is that they have huge problems getting ingredients, particularly fresh green leafy veggies. Think that was some fried lettuce we had for lunch today! Every other dish is cooked with capsicum, typically green. We are going to really miss our Kai Lan and Kangkong by the end of this trip. I was thinking at the end of the meal, if this is how Italians experience Chinese food, they are definitely not going to give up their pasta and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...