Sunday, February 03, 2008

The thrill of seeing one's name in print

It has been more than a month since my last entry. Somehow, the new year has not exactly filled me with new, inspiring thoughts to pen down and share. It didn't start off too well - my mother was hospitalised for dengue fever and so we spent New Year's Eve in the hospital and New Year's Day paying another visit. Stressed, tired for most of the first week.

Anyway I have also been spending some time realising some of my self-publishing projects which I have been doing through Blurb. I received my "Blog Book" on my months in the US and Mexico, and also the rather slimmer journal on my brief trip to Siam Reap. Nothing particularly new or exciting for readers of this blog, contentwise, but definitely looks good on my bookshelf. My only problem is that after going through the text so many times, I don't find it particularly interesting to read right now; it is also irritating to find little errors scattered throughout the book. I look forward to taking the books up at a later date when my memory of what I wrote has dimmed a bit.

For my next project, I'm thinking of doing a family cookbook, something which combines my favourite recipes from my many many cookbooks :-) and recipes pilfered from various family members. It is going to be a really long haul project if I am to cook, photograph and then write about each one. Still, it is quite an interesting project which will occupy me for some time. And one which I can potentially take orders for!

In the meantime, may I proudly present my three self-publication projects:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...