Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Flickr Stats


Installation Art
Originally uploaded by Taking5
Flickr recently launched a new stats feature (Flickr Stats) which summarises the total number of views received over the last day/week/forever and includes a time trend. It is quite addictive for view junkies like myself. I get to see the total number of views, and how these views came about (eg through flickr, some search engine, or whatever). Sadly, I note that there have been a total of two (2) views which have come through this blog page. I guess that is a reflection of how often this blog is read, sigh.

Sometimes it yields surprises too. The accompanying photo, "installation art", was taken some time back and had been getting zero views per day for the longest time. Then just a few days ago, it hit 256 views over 2 days! I was mystified. Apparently the views came through the Yahoo! Singapore home page but by the time I found out and got around to check, the page had presumably been updated as I could not find my photo there.

I suppose such links are the reason why a prevous photo on Ayam Penyet (if you want to see this photo, go to my Flickr page :-) and look under the "Food" set) also had a sudden jump in views. It is still my second most viewed photo on Flickr, after my photo of Sleeping Smee.

But both photos have mostly reverted to their previous low activity status. Such is the fleeting nature of internet fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...