Thursday, October 12, 2006

Breaking News

I was just leaving KSG when I caught a glimpse (in the plasma TV in one of the building lobby areas) of a breaking news report on a small plane crashing into a building in NY city.

My first reaction was of course, shock and a certain sense of deja vu. My second - that I have 8 classmates in New York, 6 of whom stay in the Upper East Side where the plane crashed.

Got back to my room and apparently the plane was flown by a NY Yankees pitcher, Cory Lidle. So it appears there is no connection with terrorism. I also sent out an email to check on the safety of my classmates. It crossed with another email from one of my NYC classmates saying:
My God, thank you very much. A small aircraft crashed a high building near our street today, it is just sited in 524 East, 72th street. And we are living in 301 East, 96th street,East.
Hope my God going on protecting us.

It was good to hear from him. Of course as a member of the Communist Party he is not supposed to believe in God but one should not quibble about such things at times like these. Especially since today's gospel is on the "Our Father" (Lk 11:1-4) so indeed the Lord has protected them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting the Day Right...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...